Adhesions, adhesions, adhesions.....

Sat Oct 8 08:52:35 2005

I had my first adhesion removal in 1990, I then had subsequent abdominal adhesions removed in 1992, 1994, 1998, 2000, 2002 and 2004 - I also had a hysterectomy in 1996 due to the complications from the adhesions. After all of my surgeries I always felt 100% better until they retuirned...My past symptoms usually were confined to the sharp abdominal pain and bowel problems. I had my last surgery in August of 2004 and after recovery still had some minor pain in my abdomen around my belly button but I thought all was well... but in Feb 05 I went to the ER by ambulance with sever vomiting, and abdominal cramping. I was diagnosed with a partial small bowel obstruction due to adhesions; they ran a hydro scan and other tests to rule out gallbladder problems. After 10 days of being doped up on morphine and being starved to treat the obstruction I was given a RX for pain meds and sent home saying it was adhesions and due to my history and the level of risk there was nothing they could do, or if it turned into a complete blockage then they woudl operate..

I have been dealing with the nausea, bloating, pain and bowel problem's since then...most recently I have been experiencing bladder infection symptoms and have been treating them with no relief, yesterday I was told that there is nothing wrong with me and that it is most likely due to adhesions and there is nothing they can do........I have been down this road in the past and dread having to deal with the Doctors and now the constant pain and "bladder symptoms"......the Doctor that had done my past 2 surgeries came to see me in the hospital and said that he would not even touch me since he had just operated 6 months ago..he told me that there was "no obstruction" and that "he could not help me" since "it is not surgical" I have made yet another appointment with my internal medicine Dr that has been following me since the small bowel obstruction was diagnosed and will hope something can be done..I am wondering if anyone has had similar bladder problems and if there is anythign that coul;ld possibly eliviate the symptoms...I just have this constant chronic "uncomfortableness down there" it has been with me for the last 10 days and I am already getting to my wits ends......any comments, suggestions or feedback would be helpful!!

--
Melody

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: