Re: At my wits end

Tue Aug 23 21:53:51 2005

Melody,

First, I completely understand your situation as I am sure a lot of people here do. let me start by saying maybe it is time for a new PCP. Personally I have been through so many doctors. I had some think I needed mental help, some think I was a drug addict looking for pain meds. One doc who first said adhesions to me, was a friend of my family. His mother and my mother were very good friends. (His mother passed away). He had done surgery on me and saw the extent of my adhesions. He even took pictures of them. He had never seen adhesions so bad in his career and neither did anyone in the practice he belonged with. (About 20 docs). Well, I called his office for pain pills, I again was at my wits end. I had the hardest time getting through to him. It is a practice of 5 offices around the area. He worked out of 3 of the offices. There was one main office and no matter what office you were tryiong to reach you got the main office. I tried for 2 days to get him on the phone or get someone to call in a script for me, he finally called me and said this was the last script he was calling in for me. I didn't need the pain meds. I have never spoken to him since. All I can say is, if his mother was alive, she would kill him for the way he treated me. Time for another new doc for me. Finally found the doc of my dreams (if you can say that Dr. Right).

My adhesions always seem to be everywhere in my abdomen. The organs that are left are in strange places and stuck to different things including the abdominal wall. Dr. Right did surgery in April and all was cleaned up and my organs wrapped in a sort of shrink wrap. The pain of course has started up again and every day seems to be a little worse than the day before. When I went to the doc last week for a follow-up visit, it was to be the last time I saw him, but when I said the pain was comming back, he decided to see me again in 4 months. As of now I can deal with it.

I also see a pain management doc. He is Dr. Right #2. I was originally on percocet. It wasn't working. He told me because percocet does not work on this kind of pain very well. I am currently on Dilaudid and Methadone and Actiq pops for breakthrough pain. On all of this, I do pretty good. I am able to function and get things done. I am currently not on disability for this but from January to March of this year I was on disability from my job. When I found out I had no job to go back to I stopped the disability and started unemployment. My employer would have kept me working on disability if I wanted. Just as long as he didn't have to pay me. Unemployment was more $ for me. Unemployment should be running out in a couple of weeks and if I don't work, we will loose the house. With 2 kids, not a good thing, so I have no choice but to work. If I was to go on disability through the state, I will definately loose the house. Not enough $.

Why am I telling you all this? This is why I don't post much. I go on and on and on. I guess I feel like you guys are the only ones who can understand.

I wish we could do some sort of a convention thing where we all get together for a weekend. I would really love to meet you guys.

Take care Melody and I hope in all of my blabbering here I have been able to help even just a little.

--
Ann Marie

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: