Getting the word out and my little brainstorm (of the moment)

Sat Aug 20 10:51:37 2005

Hi again- You guys sick of me yet? lol I'm sorry to be posting so much right now, but after living with this for 20 years and not having anyone to talk to about it you can tell I'm brimming with ideas and thoughts. I apologize if it's too much for you guys. Just ignore me or delete my posts.

Anyway, I was just talking to my hubby and mentioning to him that I'm going to get a support group going in my area (Arizona) for adhesions. I plan on making a flyer for it and sending it to my Gastroenterologist, my General Practitioner, and the Pain Clinic that I attend. Then the thought went a little further. I'm going to send those flyers to all the Pain Clinics, hospitals, Gastroenterologists and Gynocologists in this area. I know there are tons of us out there who are in pain, scared and feel totally alone, like I've been for 20 years, with no one to talk to.

Here's what I'm thinking...if any of you would like to join me on this "mission" to get the word out about adhesions and "rock the boat" or simply give people support either contact me, or do the same in your area. I really believe that the more we start letting the world (and especially the medical community) know how big a problem this is that someone will start to really do some more research on it and more pain relief or even a cure will be found.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm on optimist. I figure if I have to sit here and live in this kind of pain I'm at least going to do what I can to make it known and maybe help to get the ball rolling to find a cure for this. Whatever I can do on a small or large scale I'm dedicated to doing.

If anyone is interested or has more ideas feel free to email me at oystersmakepearls@gmail.com

--
Wishing you a pain free day~
Ivy
[moderator note: Ivy is helping to get an IAS support group going in AZ
Please contact her if you live in the area for local activities]

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: