Re: My Update - from Rach

Wed Aug 17 20:50:12 2005

I am sorry you are in such pain. I understand what it is like to feel old. I am 34 & feel like I am 80. I have been in pain for 10 years & I am sooooo tired of feeling like this all the time.

How is the patch working out? Does it work for all 3 days? You might want to change the patch every other day. For me, I find that if I keep the patch on for 3 days I am in agony on day 3 & then it takes a whole day for the meds to work once i change the patch. So basically, it only works for 1 day if I change it every 3. Now I change it every other day & it works great.

As far as being on high doses of pain meds, my pain management doc has me on 250 of Fentanyl patch every other day & now I am on MSIR 30 mg every 4 hours. Dont feel like you are on too much meds. That was actually before my surgery. Now I am only on 200 of the patch & am not taking as much of the morphine. I am also taking Roxycet instead of the MSIR & I am not taking as much of it. I find that the pain management guys are willing to go hight on the meds than any other docs. They understand the pain & understand how bad it can get. I would highly reccomend that you find a pain management doc that you like. Sometimes it takes going through a bunch of them until you find the one that works. i have been through so many pain management docs. The one I see actually just gives me meds & doesnt try any of the other stuff because he has not seen any good results with anything but meds when it comes to patients with adhesions.

I hope you have a pain free day.

--
Rach

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: