Re: What to do???

Sun Aug 14 21:33:40 2005

Dear Chad, As an adhesion survivor (pain free for over 2 years) I know the symptoms you are talking about. My galbladder is the only thing left in me, but I had adhesions from c-sections and numberous surgeries. I do think it is adhesions. Most Drs like to do every test to rule other things out. Which isn't necessarily bad. I had every test there was to be given. Thankfully they all turned out negative. Usually the pain & discomfort from adhesion increase over time. Most Drs will prescribe pain medicines for a while. Then they think the patient is addicted or just wanting the meds to get high, they stop prescribing the pain meds. Sometimes they will send patients to a pain clinic. This is a good route to take as surgery causes more adhesions. Although there are several adhesion barriers being used during surgery to help prevent adhesion regrowth, many do no work well. Some work better than others, and each patient is different and what works for one patient may not work as well for another patient. I opted to go to Germany where they are using Spray Gel. I along with several others that I know of are now adhesion free. One thing to consider is the surgeon. For best results for any surgery is the surgeon. It should be an expert in adhesion removal. There are very few in the States. One of the best things to do is find a support group. robin

At Thu, 11 Aug 2005, Chad wrote: >
>Hi,
>
>I need some advice. Below you will see a message I posted a few months
>ago giving my history and a description of my problems. As an update,
>since that posting I have had an abdominal ct scan with a multi-slice
>scanner with IV and oral contrast that showed nothing. The Dr. kind of
>threw up his hands and said it didn't show anything.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: