Re: Kristin re: Dr. Cook

Tue Jun 28 23:46:11 2005

Hi Debbie, Thanks for responding. My bladder symptoms include a constant urge, sometimes false urge, to urinate, especially when i lie down. Also, I have had episodes of bladder retention (went to the ER where they catherized 900 cc's.

It was miserable)I feel as if my bladder does not totally empty when I urinate. The bladder symptoms started prior to my hemmorhagic episode and hysterectomy. So..they were first suspicious of MS but ruled that out with an MRI and spinal tap. Then..I had the hysterectomy where they found the adhesions and were confident that since the adhesions involved my bladder, this was the cause of the bladder problems. However, the bladder symptoms returned after the first surgery and my gyn, who is awesome and I believe, very thorough, called in a urologist during the second surgery.I have a family history of bladder cancer and he felt like it only made since to rule out any issues with the inide of my bladder. The urologist did a Cystoscope and ruled out interstitial cystitis, infection,cancer, etc..

However, the adhesions, again, were attached to the outside neck of my bladder, which evidently could keep the bladder neck from totally relaxing. Thus, I have this constant urge, due to bladder retention or pressure from adhesions. The second surgery was on April 15th and I had immediate relief. But... it has been only 9 weeks and the symptoms have begun again. Other symptoms include, uncomfortable intercourse, low pelvic aching, pin-pricking sensation in vaginal/vulvar region and down inside of thighs, feeling like something is pushing up inside me when I sit down, and low pelvic pressure and pulling. I mentioned that i really like my gyn.

I'm just not sure of the availability of resources for him, in this area. California is far but do you think Dr. Cook is worth the trip? I would consider traveling from Arkasnsas if I thought I could get some helpful answers. Thanks for your concern, Kristin

At Mon, 27 Jun 2005, Debbie wrote: >
>Hi Kristin:
>
>Dr. Cook is in California, he's been here
>since the fall of 2000.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: