Neurontin Side Effects

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sat Jun 18 20:17:53 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Kathy941E@aol.com Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2005 11:22 PM Subject: Re: Neurontin Side Effects

Hi Jawana! I am on Neurontin also, have been on it for a few years now. I'm taking 800 MG. at bedtime.

My Dr. told me to take it only at night time, cause the side effects you experience, most people will he said. The dizziness is a normal side effect, by taking it at bedtime your still dizzy but your lying down so you don't feel it hardly at all, take it about an hour or 1/2 hour before you go to bed and the side effects shouldn't be a bother. Hope that helps.????

Unfortunately, it doesn't really help my pain at all, never has, but for some reason my Dr. wants me to stay on it???????

Also, if you did stop taking it, ween yourself off of it, never just stop a medication. I was told from other meds. I was on before, it becomes kinda a shock to your body, be careful!

If it does help you, also, talk to your Dr. about possibly lowering the dose too.but, still though not sure what time of day you were taking yours, but bedtime is truly the best.

I too was on a Higher does before than what I am on now for the last few years, but the dose higher was to high for me...thats why maybe either lowering your dose, or like I said best of all at bedtime only, so your not driving or working etc. feeling dizzy etc. Good luck! :-) Kathy kathy941e@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: