Re: Looking for a doc in TAMPA FL area

Wed Jun 15 21:09:10 2005

Hi Rach and everyone else on here,

This is my first post on here and first time for that matter. I saw this post about actually being able to go off meds atleast for a while anyway and just had to reply.

I too am on high doses of medications and would give ANYTHING to be able to cut back or go off them atleast for a little while and give my liver a chance to "detox" from all these synthetic meds.

I suffer from EXTENSIVE adhesions, naturally as a result of multiple abdominal surgeries. I've been to a pain mgmt doc and had numerous nerve blocks ("we use long needles to go in through your back to get to the nerves in your abdomen") THAT was scary stuff to say the least. They didn't help at all and I now have problems with my right leg falling asleep or feeling like it just disappears and I fall down.

I find myself at those "crossroads" yet again as to whether or not to have surgery to clean out the adhesions that have gotten a definite hold on my intestines to the point that BM's are very uncomfortable. I've been what the ER docs call impacted but thankfully not yet obstructed (although the differences can't possibly be too far off from each other = OUCH!)and I'm in constant pain and slowing down quickly in my activity level.

I've been looking around on the internet and seeing alot about something called Seprafilm and Interceed. I also read some things about the whole Germany technique too.

Is anybody near the Tampa Florida area that knows of a doc who uses these adhesion barriers?

I know I can't hold off too much longer but I have no idea who uses these barriers once they take out the adhesions. It's definitely something I'm interested in so any help from any one would be appreciated.

--
Cheryl

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: