Re: living with adhesions and tire of it

Wed Jun 15 21:06:37 2005

Hi,

I am sorry that you are struggling ... you have been through hell to have non-hodgkins on top of everything else. I understand what you say about the pain meds - you can't take them because they make you feel funny or not at the top of your game and that's not good when you have kids. But if I can ask - what kind of pain meds have you tried?

Have you tried the durgesic patch (fentnyl)? You can start with 25micrograms - its a patch you put on your upper arm or shoulder and the medicine goes through your skin - and change the patch every 2-3 days.What's most helpful about this medicine is that it provides a continuous layer of pain control under the surface, and you can utilize breakthrough pain meds whenever you need to. I also recommend roxicodone, which is essentially percocet without the tylenol.

For a long period of time I was taking 2 perc every 4 hours four times a day. My hands were getting numb and tingling a lot and the only thing I could think was that I was taking too much tylenol.

Now that I take the one without tylenol I don't have any numbness or tingling.

Just some thoughts...this disease is too much to handle pain-wise to go completely without any medicines.

Best wishes and don't give up. Dt >
> From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]
> On Behalf Of MILDRED AGUILA
> Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2005 9:27 PM
> Subject: living with adhesions and tire of it
>
> HI everybody I am also suffering from
> adhesions but no doctor would touch me
> cause I also have Non-hodgkin Lymphomia in
> my abdominal area although I am in remission

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: