continued abdominal pain....where to turn?

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Thu Jun 9 23:28:17 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Kathy941E@aol.com Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2005 5:12 PM Subject: Re: continued abdominal pain....where to turn?

Hi! I too have tried Ultram.(Tramadol) is a non-narcotic, but, does and can give you that "narcotic" feeling. Can make you dizzy, lightheaded, nausea, and at times vomit etc.

Best to take with food or milk. Depending on your amount of pain and your tolerance of pain, it may or may not give you alittle relief. For me, my pain is so intense that Ultram does nothing for me at all.

Everybody is different, so it may be worth you trying if your Dr. thinks it's o.k. for you to try. Best time to take it is at bedtime when your home to see how it affects you first, or during the day if your at home when you don't have to drive, just til you see how you react to it., like any pain meds. My husband is on it everyday for his Rhuematoid Arthritis. Doesn't help him all that much, just takes the stinging pain away at times for him. but I hope it helps you. Even a little pain relief at this point; after having years of adhesions is better than nothing. I guess.??

Was wondering too if you knew or if anybody else knew, if it is serious to have your bowels "glued" by adhesions to your (left) pelvic wall. I really don't want to have any surgery right now, I have had years of nothing but surgery after surgery. I'm in soooooooo much pain and I'm always so nausea, and tired, but, didn't know by not having surgery to correct the fact my bowel isn't where it belongs if that is serious now or in time?????

I too, also have a history of bowel obstructions, hospitalized alot with the NG tube (down your nose and into your stomache to drain your stomache fluids) not fun!!! and am usually like that for anywhere from 5 to 8 days at a time.

I can't even have a flu like a normal person, I end up in the hospital with either a bowel obstruction or borderline one.

any advice on any of this would be great!! Also, another unpleasantry to discuss and ask about is chronic Diarhea, was told I have irritated bowel syndrome. Not on any meds. for it. I have a very nervous stomache. Whats the best way to handle this problem? Especially when your out in public. ?????? I used to have Colitis when I was a pre-teen and thru my teenage years(many, many years ago), but I did out grow this, and was recently checked and still don't have it like I used to, so it's not that. I go every year for a colonoscopy, sometimes a pollop or two, but never anything serious, thank God, lets hope it stays that way.

Sorry this is so long. Just so frustrated on what to do. Trying to get answers from Doctors seems to be as painful at times as adhesions are. They pass you from one dr. to another dr. to another dr. and I stilll don't get any answers, just more frustration on top of all the frustration I have had for years!

HELP PLEASE!!

Thank you everyone for reading this and for your help and your time and also for this message board, which has been a wonderful place to be part of.

kathy kathy941e@aol.com

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: