diet for abdominal & intestinal adhesion pain

Thu May 26 23:39:37 2005

hello all, I am brand-spanking new to the world of adhesions. On good Friday, 2005, I had a tubal ligation and masses of scar tissue were discovered in my abdominal cavity. No prior surgeies whatsoever on this 40 year old body although my mom has been diagnosed with Krohn's disease since I was eight. I am at the initial discovery level of this process and am finding it dificult to eat without suffering pain afterwad.

The only three items I have found that do not create abdominal stress are rice, baked potatoes, and slim-jims (I don't know why the latter does not hurt) I really would appreciate some input on other foods or dietary behaviors I can change/learn in order to manage the discomfort. My doctor started me on the B.R.A.T. diet today (bananas - yuck, rice, applesauce- yuck, and toast). I am to drink gatorade and flat clear soda until further notice. There has to be other options, and I am exhausted from my recent poor nutrition and have lost 12 pounds since good Friday.

If any fellow adventurer has tried and tested options, I would much appreciate it. I am hungry, but it hurts to eat!! Thank you, Pam

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: