Re: Adhesions-A ripping or tearing type of feeling

Thu May 26 23:34:32 2005

Hi Dana,

Yes, that can be adhesions. Every person is different. I also have pain that radiates down my leg/thigh. A physical therapist told be that adhesions can effect nerve endings, blood vessels and organs at different times. This is why there are times when you feel better than others or just different. There are times when my leg pain is greater than any other pain -pelvic/bowel/back.

I also deal with numbness/weakness in my hip and sometimes down my leg. There is a patch on my hip that is always numb but the other areas come and go. I have heard other people on this site talk about different pain or issues.

It is difficult because any of these symptoms could be caused be something other than adhesions and the only way to be sure is surgery (gulp). I know how it feels to dread going to the Dr. one more time with some new pain or symptom. You feel like a hypochondriac sometimes and you wonder if the Dr. feels the same.

I say all this not to engage in self-pity or to dwell on our condition but to say how much I appreciate this site. Before I found this group I spent a lot of time isolated and feeling a bit crazy. How many of you were told by your Dr. that he/she had never heard of a certain symptom only to get on the website and find out that hundreds of others are experiencing the same thing? But when you realize you are not alone or crazy and that there are other people out there like you that get up everyday and live their lives to the fullest you truly understand that life goes on and that God's purpose for your life is still perfect.

Wow... I don't know where that came from- but there it is... I guess someone out there needed to hear it today.

Get some rest and stay well, Jules

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: