Hi, Also New to Forum

Tue May 17 20:36:38 2005

Hi, I feel like a wimp even posting a message here after reading what some of you have been through, but I need some help. I had my second laparoscopy for endometriosis in November.

Other than the first lap, which was laser, and a hernia repair when I was 9, I have had no other surgeries (I am 33 now). However, since the lap in November which was an excision lap, I have been in constant pain and my GI tract has basically ceased functioning, except for rare occasions when it is so excrutiatingly painful I have blacked out. Yet, I have had MRIs, CT scans, some test on my gallbladder, another that showed the pancreas, and on and on and I feel like I am losing my mind. Every doctor comes back with, well, guess it's just IBS. I have read about IBS.

IBS does not wake you up out of a dead sleep screaming in pain. None of the drugs for IBS work. Nothing works. I get treated like a hypochondriac one minute and a drug addict the next (I took morphine for one week when the pain was so intense I could not breathe, left the hospital with one prescription for percoset, and since then have taken only codeine and not even the max dose allowed by the prescription). I hurt constantly.

After deciding suicide was not an option (my dogs need me), I finally pulled myself together and developed a plan. I am having a camera endoscopy done next week (my research suggests that people with endometriosis as wide-spread as mine have up to a 65% chance of having it inside the intestines - mine was on my kidneys, female organs, ureters, peritoneum, bowel, and my left ovary was stuck to my intestines).

If the endoscopy shows nothing, I want to see the top expert on endometriosis and adhesions in Florida. Can anyone suggest someone? I saw info on some doctors, but I just don't know who to go to.

Can anyone tell me from personal experience who is best? Or tell me where to go to find ratings for doctors? I have the sites for Dr. Redan and for Johnson and Johnson with the product that helps prevent adhesions and I will search there also, but hoping for some help.

Also, can anyone tell me if your pain is worse sitting than when lying down or standing? I hurt so bad sitting I have laid on the floor behind my desk just trying to breathe. Work is beginning to question whether I will make it through this. I left in November for "minor" surgery and six months later I am still suffering. Thank you to anyone who can provide suggestions for how to survive this!

Carol in Florida

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: