I am not alone

Fri May 6 14:45:08 2005

I wept when I found this website. I have spent the past six months going from Dr. to Dr., ultrasound, ct scan, colonoscopy etc. Even though my GP believed the pain and misery I have been going through was due to adhesions, no one was willing to do anything about it. The general surgeon said adhesions don't cause pain, the gyno said there was nothing she could do for me since I have no gyno parts left (hysterectomy).

Finally I was referred to the pelvic pain clinic in Vancouver. I have had excruciating pain in my lower right side, radiating around my back and down my right leg, and the clinic says I have adhesions clamped on to the nerve which runs through the inguinal canal. I am booked for laporospic surgery in two weeks. The relief I have now after reading about other women with the same symptoms,increased pain THE NEXT DAY after intercourse, Doctors who think you're just a drug addict, and the feeling of being some freak who is just looking for attention.

The nerve block the pain clinic Dr. put me on has worked and I have not needed or used any of the pain medication on my fridge unless I overdo it, then the next day I have a lot of pain. I hope this procedure will work, but at least now I don't feel so alone with this problem. Thank you.

--
Karen

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: