Re: PelvicFibrosis

Wed May 4 14:18:05 2005

Lisa,

Did you mean "fibroids"? I looked up pelvic fibrosis but I could not find anything on the web. Here is what fibroids are:

Uterine fibroids are benign (non-cancerous) growths/tumors that are made up of the muscle and connective tissue from the wall of the uterus (womb).

Fibroids may grow as a single nodule or in clusters and may range in size from 1 mm to more than 20 cm (8 inches) in diameter, to masses that may fill the entire abdominal cavity. They appear on the muscular wall of the uterus, and may grow within the wall of the uterus, project into the interior cavity, or toward the outer surface of the uterus.

In rare cases, they may grow on stems projecting from the surface of the uterus. Fibroids consist of dense, fibrous tissue, (hence the name 'fibroid' ) which are nourished and sustained by a series of blood vessels

This info is a conglomerate of what is available on the WebMD site and a couple others.

--
DT

>----- Original Message ----- Subject: PelvicFibrosis Sender: batplmliami@aol.com (Lisa C)

> > I have been told so many different things by > different doctors that I don't know what is true. > Is fibrosis hard scar, or soft and spongy? Can it > or can it not be removed, and if removed will it > grow back? Are there different types of fibrosis, > some easier to remove than others? > > Any info much appreciated, > Lisa C >

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: