pain

Thu Apr 21 21:20:47 2005

i have been searching the web for informatin on pelvic scar adhesion diease and finding this site and reading other stories has been really helpful, i feel so much sympathy for all of you going thru this but it is somehow comforting to know you are not alone, when your suffering from the pain of this diease you think you are the only one and no one else understands. i am 46 years old and i have 16 abdominal surgeries,13 for scar adhesion removal and right now i need another one, my last surgery was in 2003 and the adhesions had grown down my right pelvic wall and attached to my bladder and ruptured my bladder, the doctor said my abdomen looked like a war zone, after that surgery i only had relief for about 3 weeks and then the pain came back with a vengenace, years ago they tried putting a membrane between my abdominal wall and my organs so the adhesions could'ent grow but as soon as the membrane dissolved it took about 2 months and they adhesions started growing again.

this last surgery they used the intragel and i was hoping it would last longer but no such luck. this diease has taken over my life, i can't work, most days i can't even stand up straight. i lay on my bed in a fetal position and just cry. if i do normal daily things like shopping or laundry i am incapacitated for a week afterwards. i get so depressed sometimes i think suicide would at least take this pain away, i don't know how people live with chronic pain it is just too much to handle. i have been on pain medications for 5 years and they don't even help anymore. i guess besides trying to live each day in so much pain the other hard part of this is there is no help for us. sorry to be such a downer but just wanted to tell my story to someone else who knows.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: