Bowel adhesions again

Thu Apr 21 21:03:12 2005

Hello everyone. I'm new to this board but thought I would check to see if anyone knows of doctor in the central U.S. who specializes in endo w/ bowel involvement. Like so many endo sufferers... I've had numerous laparscopies and things just keep coming back and getting progressively worse each surgery. The ole catch 22... live in pain or have more surgery, which causes more scaring...

During last lap, my left ovary was removed and my bowel freed from it's "kinked hose" state. This was just under a year ago. I did 6 months of Lupron but that was not worth the paper the prescription was printed on.

Currently my problem appears to be more bowel related. Extreme pain, almost makes me pass out, when I have a bowel movement or even pass gas.

Laxatives take anywhere from 24-48 hours to kick in and cause an immense amount of pain on left side. On top of the same old symptoms I also have a new symptom... sharp, stabbing pains in the area between my anus and vaginal opening.

Does anyone know of new treatment options? I had heard that there are doctors that fill the abdomin with water instead of gas during a lap and that is suppose to help with preventing scar reoccurance. Anyone have first hand knowledge of this or where I might go to try it? Thanks!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: