Laporoscopy Lysis of Adhesions

Thu Apr 14 18:44:51 2005

I have been suffering adhesions on and off for over twenty years. I never knew it could mess up my colon until very recently (dec 2004). Like quite a few of you, I have had some changes in my bowel habits for the past two years and pain in my right side since December 2004.

I had a partial hysterectomy in 1980 (when I was 18)and another (full) in 1989. I never knew that those surgeries had led to adhesions and I have been pain free for over 15 years. I tell you this because it is possible to have no apparent problems for quite some time even though the adhesions are there and growing. Unfortunately, now I will have surgery on Monday to remove adhesions from my sigmoid colon and vaginal wall with a possible partial sigmond colectomy (I have a pretty severe kink in my sigmond colon). Because of your information and questions on this message board I have become much more informed of my disease and what I might face in the future.

Knowledge is power! Because of your participation in this board I was able to find resourses I could find no where else. I had the tools to ask my surgeon the right questions and get some real solid answers. Again, I want to thank everyone for giving me the knowledge to help myself in a time of great need. Ya'll are awesome!

--
Carolyn

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: