Adhesion after gallbladder surgery.

Wed Apr 13 22:06:57 2005

Hi,

Let me give you a brief history of myself. I was born without an opening in my bottom so I have had a colostomy since birth. This involved somewhere around 5 surgeries. I also had a large pelvic mass removed in 1989 ( I was 19 at the time) which required 4 surgeries because they had to later take out part of my bowel. The mass was never determined to be benign or malignant, but nothing ever came back.

I obviously had a lot of abdominal scarring, but never really any speakable discomfort and I have always been pretty athletic. This past August I had my gallbladder removed and it could not be done with the laproscope because of scar tissue and the gallbladder being so full of stones. About 2 months ago I began feeling a tightness and almost numbness type of feeling just below my gallbladder incision which seemed to be most bothersome when sitting for long periods of time.

I want to also add that the surgeon used a previous incision site to make the incision for my gallbladder removal. In the past 2 weeks on occassion I've had a burning pain right below my incision and sometimes I've had a sharp pain in that general area. So far it is nothing I can't live with, but it is worrisome.

However I really don't want to be put through a barage of tests (I've had tons of CT scans, X-rays, etc. in my life and I don't want anymore unless absolutely necessary) just to be told it is something I need to live with. Right now I am looking for anyone who has had similar experiences and opinions if this does sound like adhesion. Also, my bowel movements seem normal. Thanks so much!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: