pain in LLQ-left ovary

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Fri Apr 8 11:26:08 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of Jeanne Aughenbaugh Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 11:49 AM Subject: pain in LLQ-left ovary

Plb,

Your experience is exactly how my nightmare with adhesions began. After my countless trips to the ER and having them tell me they do not know, my physician sent me to a surgeon and off course a colonoscopy was the first thing he did. Like you this did not make sense to me because my pain was on my left side only. When any doctor would take a stethascope to listen to my stomach the touch of the stethascope on the left side hurt on the right side it did not.

However I went through the colonoscopy just to have the surgeon say "well I did not find anything but a little diverticulitis, see" and showed me the picture. I cried and walked out, told him not to bother billing me. It had taken me all day just to get myself to the doctors office because I was in so much pain (the office is a 5 minute car ride).

My husband had seen enough of this and told my doctor to do something, this had gone on for 5 months, I was bedridden. Well the rest of my story is on the quilt. You should read it. My point. They are going through process of elimination. They cannot treat adhesions, just the pain, and the last thing they want to do is give out pain medication.

My advice. Keep a diary of meds., doctors visits, phone calls, any results of tests, your own personal section of pain. This will help. Be your own physicion, take charge of yourself, and continue gathering info.

Good luck,

Jeanne A

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: