Doctors refuse to Diagnose?

Wed Mar 30 16:40:06 2005

I just can't get over this-I'm sick with all kinds of allergies, endo, adhesions which are currently spreading all over the abdomen. The doctors all acknowledge no more surgery due to adhesions, except under life/death circumstances, and I'm even saying No to that! I'm done. I'm tired. The migraines from the anti-seizure meds I'm on now for pain management aren't even what I need! So far, even with expert help, I'm not being helped, I'm just being shoved under the carpet as far as I will allow.

I've been suffering for over 7 wks with no pain meds, only anti-depressant and anti-seizure med, and the pain doc wants to dump me for complaining of incessant kidney pain equivalent to passing kidney stones. Fortunately, I've had an extensive psych eval and now the director of the Psych Dept is standing up for me, and not allowing the others to just give up on me. I guess that's a good thing.

This is my problem. I bring up ARD to EVERYONE. NO one will agree to dx me as ARD, even though extensive medical history provides for that. The problem: No Protocol for diagnosing. So far, I've got a gyn, pain mgmt, GI, Psych all saying No to diagnosing me as such. I don't know how to file disability.

I need help. I'm too sick to even sit long enough to get online anymore, and am awaiting test results for Lupus.

Oh, yea, the butterfly is there, not only in front of my nose, ON my nose! I was too blind to see it, until I got contacts, and wore them in the shower.

I really don't know how much more of this I can take- the pretending "I'm the only one describing these symptoms", or the denials that I need pain meds, or that I have to suffer while waiting for all these doctors to agree I'm not faking. My records prove it, and no one will read them. I don't know where else to turn, and that is why I'm posting here for the first time. The patient's Pain Bill of Rights no longer applies to me, and I cannot continue this way-so screwed up mentally I can't send out a lousy letter, or cook a meal, or even make it to the shower more than twice a week. I'm weak from the drugs, not to mention feeling like I'm 2 steps away from checking into the ER for kidney pain. 7 weeks of pain like kidney stones-who can endure that with nothing more than an antidepressant? Really?

I am truly humbled for any help anyone might be able to provide. There is nowhere for me to turn anymore.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: