Drs. Apt.

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Mon Mar 28 19:12:39 2005

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org] On Behalf Of EMAIL ADDRESS: Sent: Sunday, March 27, 2005 3:35 AM Subject: Re: Drs. Apt.

Hi Tami:

You are correct to want your adhesions monitored. Adhesions if formed in the right place can cause a lot of problems. First of all, I think I would start paying attention to your menstral cycle with regard to pain, etc. Determine if the pain is worse during the week before your menstral cycle or not. Keep a chart of every single day that you have pain and the severity of it. Also make note of when you get your menstral cycle and for how long.

If you continue to have pain - definitely consult a gynecologist. Do not depend on a regular doctor for monitoring this for you. I can't tell you how stupid some regular doctors can be in helping you with stuff like that. When my regular doctor did my pap smears he did not catch some serious problems that caused me pain for an entire 6 months. I'm talking pain bad enough to send me to emergency. Here I had female problems and was being sent to a physical therapist.

You have the right to insist on a complete gynecological check-up. MRI or anything like that is not going to work for that. I think it's probably too expensive of a test anyway. I had an ultra-sound which can show fibroid tumors. Only a laparoscopy will be able to see the extent of your adhesion problem and to diagnose you with endometriosis if you have it. During a laperascopy they can deal with the adhesions.

If your present doctor thinks adhesions don't need to be dealt with - find another doctor. The treatment is surgery and if causing pain - need to be cut out. Your doctor is a complete idiot because adhesions DO matter.

Kind regards, Laurie

> ----- Original Message -----
Sender: flnfrmabove7@yahoo.com (Tami Schneider) Subject: Drs. Apt.

Hello, I had an apt. with the obgyn.I told him that I had a mri with an IV gadolinium contrast it showed an adhesion in my epidural space.I told him I suffer from chronic pelvic pain and I was diagnosed with vulvodynia.I told him I thought my pelvic pain was was a ARD.I asked him for a perscription to have MRI with IV contrast.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: