New to Forum and to adhesions. Some basic questions.

Tue Mar 15 20:01:28 2005

Hello, What a relief to find a group of people to share my experience. I'll keep it short. In October (2004) I had 2 cysts taken off of my right ovary. About 4 weeks ago I started getting these pains in my right side and they gradually got worse to the point that I'm currently taking Oxycodone.

Had an ultrasound that show no new cysts and from what they can tell the ovary is "free floating". The ultrasound tech said that if I have adhesions they are probably on to my intestines. My syptoms match many of yours. Pain in the right side(including up under my ribs) and stabbing pains across my stomach. Although we're eliminating other possibilities, It seems that this best matches. I have been on leave from work for the past 2 weeks and feel hopeless already. I'm afraid I'll lose my job, my house and my relationship is already strained...

I am going to a pain clinic this afternoon to see what type of program they can put together for me. As long as I'm on the Oxycodone the pain is not too bad, without it...uncontrollable. Here are my questions.

What pain relievers have worked best for you? Are there combinations that work well? How many years have you been taking them? I'm also wondering if the majority of you have been to actual pain clinics. What other things have you tried other than meds. Sorry, this is getting long but I have so many questions and feel a bit alone. Does anyone have a good Dr. in Seattle who understands?

Thank you for letting me introduce myself and I look forward to any words of wisdom. I'll let you know what the pain clinic suggests and hopefully I can help some of you as well. Actually, I would like to suggest a book to you called "Full Castrophe Living "Using the Wisdom of your Body to face Stress, Pain and Illness." This book was written by Jon-Kabat-Zinn who started the Program for Stress reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts. I read about him in Newsweek. The 8 week program has helped MANY people in pain. The book follows the 8 week program so you can do it at home. I suggest buying the tapes/CD's so that you can fully concentrate on the practice of meditation. His overall point in the book is that although your situation may have not changed, how you look it can. He presents many patient case studies which is very inspiring.

I look forward to hearing from you. Michele

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: