Re: Needing support

Thu Mar 3 22:36:05 2005

Hi Melinda, My name is Annmarie I am 28 years old and have also been in the adhesion hell. Five years ago I had my son and had to have an emergency c- section and thats when my hell started. After having an infection I started to have horrible pain and bleeding all the time, so the doctor I was seeing said lets do a laparoscopy and he accidentaly hit a major blood vessel and I bleed internally.

Went to see another doctor and he tried everything to stop the pain and bleeding but nothing worked. I was able to get pregnant but had a horrible pregnancy. I had my son, but two months later has to have a hysterectomy (packed with adhesions)at that time my uterus was adhered to my abdominal wall.I wanted to leave my overy in because I didn't want to have to take hormones for such a long time but, One year later back in again for my overy adhered to my bladder so now I have had a complete hysterectomy and thought what else could possibly be wrong there is nothing left in there I must be crazy .January 2005 back again (everytime being cut open)this time my colon and small intestines adhered. My doctor who has been great through all of this got seprafilm and put it in.

I thought this is going to work but 4 weeks later I am in pain again. I wonder will this ever end? You are not alone as I have found there are so many people suffering from the same thing but that doesn't make you pain go away. I am actually going to the doctor today because my pain is now not only on the left side but also on the right. I have been taking darvacet for the pain but refuse to live like this I have 2 small kids that I need to take care of.

Just know that I feel your pain, and lonileness, hopefully someone will come up with some thing that will help all of us.

Annmarie

> From: "International Adhesions Society" <tracy.joslin@adhesions.org>
> Date: 2005/02/24 Thu PM 09:58:46 EST
> To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS <adhesions@dns.obgyn.net>
> Subject: Needing support
>
> ender: mightysassymindy@aol.com (Melinda )
> Subject: Needing support
>
> I am 23 years old and struggling with pelvic adhesions. I have had 3
> surgeries in the last 8 months. The pain has been constant.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: