Re: Take Back Your Life

Sat Oct 30 17:27:09 2004

Dear Robin,

I have been following the out of US treatments, and I think these options are wonderful but not everyone is a candidate whether it be finances, other health problems that make surgery MORE of a risk etc.

In my case adhesions are a problem but these adhesions have created {2) large bowel to small bowel fistula's. The treatment would be a double...double bowel resection to resect them both out. Surgery is not an option or I am guaranteed a colostomy. NO way.

Many adhesion suffers cannot afford this new treatment, and many have poor insurance coverage. We have quite a range of people that have no options all and the spectrum swings to those folks that have total options.

My original post was "mid range" and that is who I appeal to :-))

I am a disabled veteran and I cannot run to Germany or PA., because I have no other health insurance besides the VA. Even if I did, I now have complications from many years of surgery which gave me those holes communicating in the small and large bowel. Manipulating the bowel to free the adhesions may have been the cause of these fistula's which means I traded one disease for another.

I am so glad you have had a fantastic outcome. But realistically, there is a percentage of people that have to reach a favorable emotional outcome and not allow the adhesive disease to rob them of what quality of life they have left.

That was all I was saying orignally :-))

>I agree that surgery in the USA is a temporary solution to a long term
>problem, however, with the use of Spray Gel in Europe and Austrailia, it
>can be life time solution.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: