flu shots and bowel obstruction

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun Oct 17 19:24:50 2004

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of New York Surrette Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2004 8:54 PM Subject: Re: flu shots and bowel obstruction

WHAT REASON DO YOU FEEL YOU PERSONALLY CANT GO WITHOUT THE FLU-SHOT?

THIS YEAR ONLY THOSE WITH RESPIRATORY OR OTHER ILLNESSES THAT THE FLU COULD BE DANGEROUS TO THEM - ARE THE ONES TO RECEIVE THEM.

LIKE IF YOU HAD CHRONIC MRSA....THAT COULD GET RESP.....OR THE USUAL....COPD, EMPHYSEMA...ETC...

I DON'T BELIEVE THE FLU AFFECTS US PURELY ADHESION PEOPLE IN A DANGEROUS WAY - DOES IT?

- MJ

>----- Original Message -----
To: Multiple recipients of list ADHESIONS Sent: Saturday, October 16, 2004 3:49 PM Sender: jnminni@core.com (John M) Subject: flu shots and bowel obstruction

I am looking for guidance on whether intestinal adhesions (from three intestinal surguries)and a history of bowel obstructions constitute a "serious chronic medical condition" sufficient to warrant getting a flu shot this year. I am 57 years old and otherwise healthy. So far, either I haven't made a very good case for myself, or it's not considered a serious enough medical condition for getting one of those ultra-scarce flu shots.

--
John M

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: