Adhesion Pain/Fevers/Joint Pain

Sat Oct 16 14:50:53 2004

Hi Everyone,

Is anyone experiencing fevers and/or joint/muscle pain as well? I heard that adhesions can cause fevers and joint pain.

I have had a few adhesion removal surgeries and not surprisingly, my pain has increased. I have been experiencing almost constant fevers and really intense joint pain. I was tested for rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory diseases, which all came back negative but my blood work still shows inflammation, which, I am told, could be simply due to the adhesions.

I've been in physical therapy for about 4 weeks now for adhesion pain and it's actually helping! They work on stretching the abdominal area and I'm finding a lot of relief with it, although I was doubtful going into it. I would really recommend this. They have what is called an "abdominal pain program" which they work on stretching and massaging the areas. They are teaching me how to massage and stretch the areas and are going to teach my husband as well. I was in so much pain this week because I had physically overdone it (again--I seem to do this a lot!) with a lot of heavy housework and I was in so much pain, I didn't even want to go to therapy but after I did, I felt so much better and it's been three days since and I'm still feeling better! I'm also learning to take it easy and learning my limitations, too.

They are also teaching me how to identify the pain and "breath through it," which is helping tremendously. Coping with this pain is sometimes the hardest thing and every little bit of help is worth it.

I am also finding relief with hot tub therapy, too, as long as the jets are gentle and not powerful. Some insurances will even help cover the expense and right now I'm working on that! I'll let you all know what happens with that, I'm not terribly hopeful but it's worth a try! Our insurance covered 100% of my husband's lasic surgery last year so you never know!

I hope everyone has a nice weekend and I appreciate any replies to this posting. I'm really curious as to whether anyone else has experienced these symptoms. Take Care!

--
Cathy in Michigan

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: