Re: Massive adominal adheasions

Sat Oct 16 14:45:43 2004

Hi Linda...my prayers are with you!

You have certainly come to the right place for people to correspond with that can understand your situation. You have been through so much and the last thing you need is an open surgery...your adhesions will only get worse! I am uncertain where you are from and if it is possible but it has been recommended to me by others in this group and also my oncologist to have surgery with Dr. Reich in Wilkes-Barre, PA. I too have an extensive history with ovarian tumors, polyps in my uterus, horrific adhesions and now endometriosis. I did contact Dr. Reich and he is performing surgery on 10/25 to remove all of the adhesions and the endometrioma on my ovary and any endo that has spread. I have done a lot of research on Dr. Reich and he sounds like quite an amazing surgeon. He performs surgery by way of laparoscopy where most surgeons would do an open surgery which is what causes the adhesions to be so bad in the first place. The only downside is that Dr. Reich does not participate with any insurance so most of the cost is out-of-pocket. This frightened me at first but realized that this is my health and there is no price tag on it!

His website is: http://www.adlap.com/reich.asp I would highly recommend that you consider talking with him to discuss your situation.

My prayers are with you and I hope you find relief in whatever you decide to do. Please keep us posted!

~ Karyn

At Sun, 10 Oct 2004, Linda wrote: >
>I have had 17 operations in 4 years all due to adheasions. Ihave had
>overies incased inadheasions appendex,uterious,hystorextomey,trapped
>nerves,severe adominal wall, bowels, last year i had an overian reminant
>that was trapped in adheasions the grew 11cm in size it had to be
>removed. because of that operation i am now suffering today very badly
>i now need someone to go in and remove these bad thing so i can get some
>releaf.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: