Re: Please... is anyone out there?

Sun Oct 10 23:11:25 2004

Hey Sue - Hang in there!! Things are bound to look up!! Don't ever give up.

Start eating small meals throughout the day, basically going into "grazing" mode. Grazing is supposed to actually be more beneficial to your system, and it will help if you don't eat full meals, just small meals throughout the day. Trust me, this should help. And watch WHAT you eat. I know for a fact that some foods cause my adhesions (or intestines/bowels) to cause a lot more pain than other foods, so this is important to watch.....

And if you are on so many pills, try to take a day where you have nothing to do (or make a day like this) and stop most/all of the pills for a day and lie around and catch up on reading/writing/computer work/watching TV something. Also remember that a lot of these pills are drying to the system, and being constipated can literally kill adhesion sufferers with pain (if their adhesions are tied to their bowels). Make sure when taking these pills, that you also take something to keep you regular. It is SO important. I have adhesion around my bowels, and the pain can get dibilating if I don't watch it closely.

And watch that you don't bend over too much at the waist, bend with the knees whenever possible. No scrubbing floors, vacuuming, etc. until you know what you can and cannot do...

And last of all, feel free to email me if you need to vent or talk..... jlrealtor@charter.net

Hang in there Sue we're all pulling for you!

Janine

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: