Incisional Endometriosis

Thu Oct 7 10:35:56 2004

Thankyou to everyone (Nancy, Connie, Karyn, Janine, Anita) who responded to my earlier messge regarding uterus adhesions to the abdominal wall. Your support and advice has been wonderful both in coming to terms with this as well as all of the invaluable information you have been able to provide.

Just letting you know that I had an appointment with a second Ob/Gyn who has diagnosised incisional endometriosis in the c-section scar. I obvioulsy still have the dense adhesions of my uterus to abdomen wall but he seems to think that much of my pain is a result of this endometriosis. He has treated a similar case to mine and I feel fairly confident of his diagnosis. There is not a lot on the internet on this form of endo but from what I have found, I'm comfortable with his proposed treatment. From next week, I will be having a monthly impant of Zoladex to put me into a temporary state of menopause. He is hoping that over the next 6 months while I'm menopausal, this will shrink the lesions in my c-section scar and surrounding area, allowing him to operate to excise the endometriosis. I am hoping that this doesn't turn into open surgery and that the endo is close to the skin surface. I also spoke to him about treatment for adhesions and he can see no reason why he can't go in laparoscopically, after he treats the endometriosis. I'm so glad I got a second opinion though after reading the message board, there is no way I would have consented to open surgery anyway. Will keep you posted on my progress. Best wishes to all.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: