Re: Second opinion?

Wed Sep 29 23:40:32 2004

I too had an emergency appendectomy. This surgery resulted in many painful adhesions for me as well. My doctor went in and removed all of the adhesions with a "lap" and this procedure actually helped me to conceive. I was actually advised by my OB and PCP before my procedure that the best time to conceive was after a "lap" and after years of trying unsucessfully before, I became pregnant within a year after the procedure. I just underwent my second procedure to remove even more adhesions, this time on my left ovary and once again will make this my best time to try for another child. As a person who has experienced the excruciating pain first hand of adhesions, chronic cysts and endometreosis, the non-invasive laporoscopy overwhelmingly outweighs the day-to-day pain you have to endure. I have tried every pill out there. Some just don't work. I would be more than happy to pass on any information or give you any advice if you are interested. I have been dealing with this for 12 years and I am only 28 years old. Susan Ashman

At Sun, 26 Oct 2003, Julie wrote: >
>My story is located on the quilt under Julie Cassara. I got my
>adhesions from and emergency appendectomy 5 years ago. I grew lots of
>adhesions from a result of this procedure. I have had only one surgery
>for the removal of my adhesions (about 9 months ago), which was done
>with a laser. About a month ago all my symptoms started to come back. I
>will be getting a second opinion from another doctor next Tuesday and I
>am a bit nervous.......

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: