uterus adhesions to abdominal wall

Tue Sep 28 13:50:30 2004

hello all - just wondering if anyone can give me any advice on uterus adhesions. i had my second c-section in feb 2004. i had no problems with my first c section in feb 2001 so i presumed everything would be ok. within 2 months after the c- section i knew something wasn't quite right. scar began to go lumpy and pain on right hand side started intermittently. my gp sent me for a pelvic and hernia ultrasound which revealed nothing. pain continued and worsened. referred back to gyno who did a laparoscopy and discovered my entire uterus has adhered to abdominal wall, beginning at incision site and upwards. he said my insides are a mess. incision has set like cement and full of lumps. my lower abdominal wall is swollen and so tender that my 7 month old baby can not even sit on my lap. pain is now daily - sometimes like a raw nerve, other times crampy, other times a dull ache, other times a searing type of pain, originating from my right hip. have noticed that it has also started on my left side too and am starting to get shooting pains in my legs. my gyno has suggested open surgery from below my navel to start cutting through the adhesions. has suggested a possible hysterectomy so that the uterus can't attach anymore. but from everything i read - the removal of my uterus is not the answer and adhesions can reform and attach themselves to other organs. other than that i suppose i live with it like all other adhesion sufferers do and decide that when the pain gets too much that, when it overrides fear of the surgery not being a success - that maybe i do something about it. if anyone has experienced this kind of adhesions or can offer me any advice, i would be very grateful to hear from you.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: