severe abdominal adhesions to major organs

Sun Sep 26 12:06:00 2004

This is my first message posted but i have been a member for quite a while. It makes me cry every time i get online and read the mail. I do not take releif in knowing that countless individuals suffer so much more than I have. I had my first abdominal surgery at age 16 (appendectomy). He did a low transverse cause of the location of my pain(exploratory reasons). I am 37 now. After that I have had multiple other abdominal surgeries (about 14, for various other reasons, including adhesion related bowel obstructions). I am a R.N., my husband is also a nurse and i have 2 teenage kids. For most of their life i have been in and out of the hospital(more so than not). Cause of my job and history of illnesses, i have contracted the wonderful hospital acquired diseases. This includes MRSA and VRE. I have not worked in well over a year.Every time im in the hospital i almost die due to complications. Due to my age and education i am having a hard time getting disability. Has anyone had such problems. I am also getting a lawyer soon for appeal. I am ashamed to say that one night at home due to extreme depression and various other reasons( not that there is a "good" reason), i tried to kill myself. Obviously it didnt work! I just wanted my family not to have to continue to go through everything i was putting them through. I do now know that they would rather have me alive and sick then not to have me around at all.This past year i have been in the hospital way more than i have been home. This is a battle of chronic component that i would not wish on anyone. THANKS FOR LISTENING!

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: