Abdominal Adhesions

Wed Sep 22 19:54:01 2004

I have been through the hammers of hell re: adhesions. My colon had perforated and I had gone into cardiac arrest and developed peritonitis. After multiple surgeries, I was left with a colostomy and had to wait six months to have most of my colon removed. I was left with 2" of colon and was to have been reconnected. During this surgery, they created a fistula (hole) between my recto-vaginal wall and feces was coming out of my vagina. Again, multiple surgeries with no success, and they sent me home with an ileostomy. Now I started my search for a surgeon who could put me back together again. I was lucky to find a surgeion and again after multiple surgeries, and many procedures I was reconnected but lost some intestine. I have been plagued with adhesions which cause obstructions, intense pain, vomiting, the whole nine yards.

My surgeon tells me that my insides are like the aftermath of 9/11 and he does not want to open me up again. I am progressively getting worse. My bad days now outnumber my good days. I had seen my surgeon a couple of weeks ago and he told me that he could go in and try to remove the adhesions (they will grow back) but cannot guarantee that I won't wake up with a bag. I would rather die than live with an ostomy. I have been there and it would not be an option for me. Would you be kind enough to give me the name or names of the physicians that were able to help you as I am at a loss. Thank you.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: