My story/saga..

Tue Sep 21 20:33:55 2004

Hello,

A little history about me: I have had 5 laparoscopies, 3 laparotomies. My last surgery was in Feb of this year. It was supposed to be a laparoscopy but due to the massive adhesions my doctor found then it switched to a laparotomy. I had an abdominal hysterectomy in Sept of last year. Since that time I have had continuous back pain. It is so horrible.

In Jan of this year I was having so much pain while walking that my doctor ordered some tests. It showed a lesion in my sacrum. This has led to many more tests throughout the past 8 months. Anyway, now that cancer has pretty much been ruled out we are thinking I have sacroilitis as well as a fracture. I'm wondering though, if all my back pain is from adhesions instead.

Does anyone find that when they have to have a bowel movement that their lower back pain is worse? I wonder if my adhesions are pulling on my bowel? Is this possible? I know that when I lay down I have a pulling, tugging sensation in my abdomen.

What types of medications do you guys take? I have taken vicodin and am currently taking ultracet. I am getting ready to go see a pain med doctor. I am hoping he can find out how to make me pain free or close to it again. I hate living in pain all day long.

Thanks for listening. I'm so glad that I found this support group.

--
Cindy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: