Frustration and My Story

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun Sep 12 16:32:03 2004

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Dee1020tt@aol.com Sent: Sunday, September 12, 2004 1:03 PM Subject: Re: Frustration and My Story

Dear Deb, I totally sympathise with you. I too have had numerous surgeries in my abdomen. My last surgery was a disaster!

The surgeon took 3 hrs to do surgery and I was in recovery for another 3 hrs due to my blood pressure going down. My primary care doctor put me in ICU and gave me 4 units of blood. I was bleeding inside and didn't know it. I knew I was dying and thought oh well. The surgeon had nicked a main artery and never informed anyone what he had done. He is the head surgeon of Town and Country Hospital.

It took months to recouperate from my last surgery. That was 2 yrs ago.

I am in pain every day now and I take pain meds when needed. I told my primary care doctor that the adhesions are back again and the same pain is back.He told me no surgeon wants to touch me because I am a high risk. I have missed alot of work due to this illness. I live on my own and I am scared that I may not make it thru the yr.

I have had 11 surgeries altogether. I am trying to buy my time until I have another bowel obstruction again.I was told surgery is not the answer.I don't think anyone knows truly what the true answer is. I have been suffering with this disease for so long that I have learned to live with is the best way I can. I continue working full-time. I have to. I don't have a choice. I am so sorry that you are suffering. I wish I could afford to see Dr. Redan, but I heard he doesn't take medical insurance. My primary care wanted me to go on social security disabilility, but I can't afford to. In my state you have to be unemployed for a year before they even look at your case. I don't know how people do it.

This disease is widespread and needs to be heard. We all need to get together and make a stand to congress and Washington DC. I have spoken with quite a few surgeons and all have said the same thing. There is nothing that can be done. There is no cure. I just hope I am able to keep my job and my apartment for at least one more year. I wrote a letter to Donald Trump and Bill Gates for some financial assistance and was told by their reps that they only help non profit organizations with real diseases. They both wished me luck in my endeavors. I will pray for you and keep you in my prayers. Please pray for me too. If you ever need someone to talk to

I am always here. Your Friend, Dee

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: