Will it ever end????

Sat Sep 11 12:17:34 2004

Hi my name is Sheila and I had my first adhesions when I was 15. I had to have my appendix removed and a surgery that should of only taken an hour took more than 2 and a half hours. The doctor said I was full of adhesions and they had attached to every thing they could. I went on for several more years with no problems. But then when I was 21I had just had a baby and was back in the hospital when he was two weeks old to have my gallbladder removed. It went well and I went home but I was pain in my doctor's office within a month complaining of pain. She didn't know what was causing it and just ignored me. Again when I was 23 I went to the ER for severe lower abdominal pain. I was admitted and had a wonderful doctor that did a Lap on me. He told me again that I was full of adhesions, he said he had never seen any thing like it. My upper abdominal pain returned about 3 months later. I have since then gone to every doctor and ER that I could for relief. I have been admitted for pain management, told I was going through withdrawal, that I just suffered from depression, another words it is all in my head. I was sent to an upper GI who did every test possible and he came to the conclusion that I have chronic functional pain, possibly caused by adhesions. He sent me to a pain management and surgeon. I saw several surgeons and not a one of them will touch it. It's gotten to where I can't hardly get any pain medicine because they think that is all I am after and no one will touch me. I do have an appointment with a pain management on the 16th. I pray he will do something. I am not sure of how much more I can take, I can't attend any of my kids school functions, or any thing. It kills me to hear my son tell me "Mommy you are always sick." I just cried because he is right. I now have a fever that will hit me every two weeks or so and last for a day or two. There is no known cause for it, but on the first day my white blood count will be sky high and the next day it will be almost normal. The doctor that did that test told me it wasn't possible. Yeah right!!

Thanks, Sheila

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: