Help Me

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Thu Sep 9 10:47:56 2004

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of KSJ6968@aol.com Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2004 12:10 AM Subject: Help Me

Hi My name is Karen and I am from Hercules Ca. I sympathize with you, in Oct 2003 I had a laporoscopy for an ovarian cyst, during the operation the dr nicked my small intestine, but didn't realize it and sent me home then next day i was in so much pain I was hollering, I went back to the hospital because of the pain, and leakage and they had to do ER suregery.

I had a perforation that was an 8th inch of a hole they had to cut 2 in off my small intestine and reattach the ends. They used 6 gallons of saline solution to clean me out. I stayed in the hosp for 3 and one half weeks, I developed a fistuala which is a connection between tissue somehow the insicion or something broke open inside but the fluids went thru the fistual and out my stomach thru my wound which was also infected. they could not do surgery so they gave me these shots i think they are called (not spelled) sandostaten shots 3 times a day that worked it closed up the fistuala, by jan I was experiencing for the first time in my life bowel obstructions.

I had my 3 rd surgery in Mar/04 for adhesions, my 4th July 3, so I have had a total of 14 obstructions between jan-sept. I have one now. it is a pain I feel trapped, and helpless I am a hmo member of Kaiser and they caused my situation. They may feel they cant go back in too soon to not risk infection or damage, but I do know from my experience i had surgeries in these orders, 1. 10/28/03 ovarian surgery laporoscopy, 2. 10/29/03 ER surgery for bowel perforation. laporotomy. 3- 3/15/04 laproatomy for obstructions, 4-7/3/04 laproatomy obstructions.

they tell me everytime they go in to remove adhesion that they will return and they have, So i do understand and am looking for some kind of treatment where they can fix it so the adhesions and the intestines do not touch so they become obstructed.

I will pray for all of you. I am looking for a dr somewhere that knows of a procedure where they can separate the adheions from the intestines so they have room to move, does anyone know anything like that? AND does anyone know anyone who has obstructions caused by the dr Nicking your bowel in the first place? I am so tired of this and i have been dealing with it for 6 months.

ksj6968@aol.com .

Karen.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: