Pseudo-cysts

Tue Sep 7 22:34:11 2004

I am glad to finally read of some posts where people have had similar problems to mine. Short background: Had bowel surgery as a baby, done by someone who was an adult not paediatric surgeon who thus messed up big time. Further ops at age 2 to remove adhesions. Further op just last year for what turned out to be pseudo-cyst although my doc did not have a clue!

Query is really over recurrence. My gynae drained out the fluid, sewed up the wound and discharged me from his clinic saying he doesn't think it will bother me again. Given that I am in the same shape or worse given more open surgery, is the fluid going to collect again? Is there anything they can do? Initially they offered to reconstruct and remove adhesions to try to restore my natural fertility but as soon as they found out I could get IVF funding the operation they suggested became "too dangerous" and I am worried they are fobbing me off, and what they really mean is that this operation is "Too Expensive".

Does anyone know a doctor in the UK that has knowledge of this sort of problem? I am after further surgery in any case because my sex life has been cut short by my most recent surgical adhesions and I am a 26-year-old newly-wed!

Any help or answers to questions really appreciated, thanks.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: