Doctors won't take pain seriously

Tue Sep 7 13:31:10 2004

I had a complete hysterectomy in 2/25/03 due to a fibroid tumor. I developed pain on my right side and was told that I could have entrapped nerves near the incision. After injections of steriods, physical therapy, and exercise; the pain became tolerable. Over the past year I have experienced a tightening and pulling on the same side. I was told that it could be adhesions, but there was nothing that they could do. In July, I had a sharp abdominal pain that felt like twisting near my naval. It was followed by dull pain and cramping that sent me to the emergency room. After an X-RAY and CT scan, I was told that everything appeared normal. Unfortunately, I now feel like someone has placed two large piece of tape across my right abdominal area and I am very nauseous. I visited my regular Physician who confirmed that my bladder, intestines and right kidney appeared crampy. He said that it must be nerves and sent me home. The problem with his assumption is that all of the problems are located only on the right side. I called him back and ask if he could refer me to someone and he set up an appointment with a gastroenterologist in two months. He admitted that it could be an adhesion problem, but offered no solution. He said that I could only have surgery if I could prove that the adhesions were causing a blockage. I am a very stable, professional woman who is suffering with chronic pain that is falling on deaf ears. PROBLEM: We can't determine if your pain is caused by adhesions unless we do LAP surgery, but we won't do LAP unless we have an obstruction. I am drinking PEPTO and taking pain pills...where do I go from here? This is not a good quality of life! Nancy

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: