Re: FW: Bowel Surgery

Tue Sep 7 12:20:47 2004

Hello Carolyn, Bowel surgery? I had had the short bowel syndrome since Aug of 2004 due to multiple adhesions from 1993 and 1999 surgeries. I didn't know I was going to end up w/short bowel syndrome until they did the surgery (11 hours long). Either I was going to die after surgery and if I survived, I would have long term complications such as more adhesions, dehydration. I have followed a SBS( Short Bowel syndrome)diet that was published by an author who specialized in SBS. As you can see, I survived the surgery but with many complications. I have been hospitalized a few times due to dehydration (Normal b.m. is 3x a day and it is like cow manure). If I don't watch what I eat I get chronic diarrhea. During the short bowel surgery, they had to remove the ileum which absorb b12, vitamins, fat, sugar & dairy products so I don't absorb them very well. They tried to save the ileum but couldn't. I have to say I'm lucky to be alive and can function and work 8-5 job but it isn't easy. You can talk to me if you wish by emailing at tracigenz@yahoo.com . T This is the first time I have been on the website in many months due to bad controversial and refused to read any further. The woman that started this website named Helen D is no longer on this web site because of the controversial that was going on this web site. I would be happy to email with you if you wish and more likely, I won't be going on this web site and only read what I know and not the bad misinformation I have been reading about. Hope to hear from you soon.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Carolyn Bogarty [mailto:carolynbogarty245@msn.com]
> Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 11:56 PM
> > Subject: Bowel Surgery
>
> Hello
> My name is Carolyn I am seeking information on bowel surgery.
> As with some of the story I have read about, most people have
> been threw the same things I have gone threw for the last 3 years.
> Not only have I had every test you can think of I have also seen
> a lot of different doctors for my adhesion problems. I was diagnosed
> 3 years ago with pain due from adhesion.

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: