pain management

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Mon Sep 6 22:13:02 2004

From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf Of Janine Love Sent: Tuesday, August 03, 2004 10:32 AM Subject: Re: pain management

Hey Jeanne;

I sympathize with you. I have gone through the same thoughts, but what really are your choices? To have surgery again, and keep having surgeries? The problem will only get worse that way.

Hopefully you've read the boards and have read the stories of the major suffering and loss of intestines, bowels etc. do to adhesions. I had a lot of soul searching to do, and found that my hands are pretty much tied. I hate taking pills on a daily basis, but if I am going to live and try to enjoy life, this is my only choice. I would rather be able to get up and do things with my family (however limited that is at times), than sit in pain awaiting another surgery that will bring on worse adhesions. I have heard from people who have had surgery with both Dr K in Germany and Dr Gerhart and Dr Reich. I am sure they are all excellent surgeons, but after hearing from all of these people, and knowing that everyone is different with their responses to surgeries, I opted for pain management and no more surgeries unless life threatening. I don't want to end up losing bowels or intestines. You should seriously think about what you want out of life, and whether you're a gambler or not.

I wish you all of the best and hope you will find the best possible remedy for you......

Janine

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--

--
   From: adhesions@adhesions.org [mailto:adhesions@adhesions.org]On Behalf
Of Jeanne Aughenbaugh
  Sent: Friday, July 30, 2004 10:20 AM
  To: tracy.joslin@adhesions.org
  Subject: pain management

It been awhile since I have written since I have been trying to do something about these adhesions. I had surgery with Dr. Gerhart in June and I am right back where I started from. 4 1/2 hours of cutting and after he filled me with fluid I feft good for about a week and a half and then the same old stuff slowly started coming back and now its the same as before with the additional soarness. I have been taking pain meds ever since and now they want to send me to a pain management clinic. Can anyone tell me what their experience has been or is with these clinics. I will try anything but am still skeptical because I always believed you can sugar coat the pain but it is never going to go away unless you get rid of the problem. I am at my wits end again.

I will see Dr. Gerhart in two weeks, if I can last that long.

Jeanne

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: