Re: Susan's gallbladder

Fri May 14 01:59:39 2004

Susan, I just wanted to let you know that sometimes the tests for gallbladder problems don't always show anything even when there is gallbladder disease. Of course, you may already know this. In case you don't, though, I will share what happened with me.

I began having severe right upper abdominal pain that came and went. The pain was much worse after eating. My doc sent me for a gallbladder ultra sound which was normal. No stones. Then she sent me for a HIDA scan. That showed a normal injection fraction which means that my gallbladder was emptying a normal amount of bile. But, when they injected the CCK to make my gallbladder contract, I had terrible pain and nausea (I really thought I was going to barf all over myself!) So, I went to see the surgeon and he told me that he's taken out many diseased gallbladders that had normal tests. He took my gallbladder out laproscopicly a little less than 2 weeks ago. He said that it really needed to come out as it was inflammed and had a lot of scarring. He even took pictures of the adhesions that were connecting my gallbladder to my liver. He also took care of adhesions that were all over my small bowel. That was my 10th surgery in 15 years. I'm hoping it will be my last. Of course, I've hoped that with each surgery I've had! Anyway, so far, so good. I don't have any pain at all right now except for a few touchy spots from the surgery.

Good luck to you! You will be in my prayers.

--
Niki

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: