found a little relief

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Tue Mar 30 21:25:19 2004

From: Jeanne Aughenbaugh [mailto:aughs5@ptdprolog.net] Subject: found a little relief

Hi Everyone,

I have been extremely busy dealing with pain, struggling through my days. My massage therapist cannot touch me anymore. She has been able to grab some of the adhesions from my ribs but just can break them up it is to painful.

My doctor couldnt touch me because by the time I saw him at 11:00 a.m. I was so swollen and sore. I have alot of very sharp pain in three areas. CT scan showed nothing of coarse. Prednisone and Elavil has been prescribed and 3 weeks into this medication I am feeling some relief.

I have finally gotten a nights sleep. I wish this was prescribed earlier it is much better than any narcotic, it is a anti depressant used in an extremely low dose as a nerve blocker. Unfortunatley I am so far gone at this point, as soon as I am out of bed and getting my coffee the pain is back. I just cant take it anymore.

Its been almost 2 years since my last surgery and I just cant take it anymore. I am walking on egg shells. I am much worse than I was the last time. I see my surgeon next week and I am just on edge about the whole thing. I know in my heart surgery is not the answer, yet I have tried other alternatives and am past the management end of this. I quess Im hoping that since he has already seen the mess inside and is not going in under the same circumstances maybe he will have some special techniques that will be useful. The last time I had a double bowel obstruction and so many adhesions he could not get in with the lap and had to cut me open. Can anyone help me in that regard?

I have been reading these letters everyday and have decided to ask him about the spray foam and even the spray gel. I will ask about the lap without gas. I would appreciate any other suggestions. I would like to go in loaded with info. I know what your thinking that the best info is no surgery but I am one step away from being bed ridden and I just cant take it.

Thank you for your thoughts.

Jeanne

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: