colonoscopy???

Mon Mar 22 21:29:13 2004

Hello all,

Well, I went to a gastro Dr. and he was a trip - my bowel movements have been screwed up for more than 2 months now, I am in pain all the time, had to go to the ER again, and again, they found no blockages on a cat scan. The Dr. I went to wants to do a colonoscopy on me next week (the fact that I am hardly having any bowel movements didn't seem to bother him). I told him I have adhesions, and he said "well if its adhesions then theres nothing we can do about it anyway". So he schedules the colonoscopy and proscribes me the prep meds - which on the warnings say not to take them if you have adhesions!!!

Now I don't know what to do - the cleansing prep is pretty harsh as is the procedure itself,,, I'm afraid that they might tear something they are not supposed to because this guy just blew off the fact that I have cronic pelvic adhesions.

A friend of mine who is a massage therapist did an abdominal massage on me to hopefuly get things moving again,, she found where I was stopped up - the ascending bowel - she also found a mass on my right side - that wasn't on the cat scans, she believes its adhesions.

Please help!! should I have the colonoscopy done? Does anyone know if its dangerous to do one on someone with adhesions?

--
Thank you,

Belle Thomas

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: