Re: surgery/pain/recovery

Fri Mar 19 19:50:37 2004

all of them are done while lying on your back with knees bent and they are all done gently, without strain. The first one, you reach above your head with both arms stretching upward and you lift one leg and point the toe, put it down and do the other. This is done ten times each leg. The second is with your arms out to the side and you slowly bend your knees to one side, stopping when you feel any pulling and then slowly back to center and then to the other side. Do this ten times. The last one is, you put your hands on your abdomen, take a slow,deep breath and feel your abdomen fill and then quickly release the air while sucking in your abdomen and holding your breath for a few seconds. Do this several times. I don't know if these will help you and they probably don't seem like much, but they have and still really help me. I'm someone who has always exercised and does yoga and unfortunately haven't been able to do anything in a long time. These stretches are the only thing I can do and they have really tightened my abdomen without causing pain and back doesn't have as much strain on it anymore. Take care. Sam

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: