Are there such things as Clinics for Adhesions?

Fri Mar 19 19:46:07 2004

I was wondering if there are any Clinics in the US for people with adhesions.

I know there are different sorts of surgeries you can get. but what if you want some sort of treatment?

Let me explain myself for why I'm looking for Clinics... I first had food poisoning in 2002, then a week later I had my gall bladder out and appendix because they stopped working for me. Two weeks after surgery I felt fine until my nightmare came alive. I started having VERY loose bowels, constipation, 7 months of non-stop vomiting and nausea. I've had so many test to figure out what is wrong with me and everything comes out negative. I was sent to a GI doctor and he said since I was 17, then therefore I have IBS (Irritable Bowel Sendrum). Which was untrue. I had my days of feeling well and then I would hit rock bottom.

About a year into having all this discomfort. I was 18 and I had the feeling that I'd be sick and sick enough to go into the hospital again. September of 2003, I was in the hospital with a severe infection in my kidney's and bladdar. Priory of being hospitalized for the infection I was having UTI's for 7 months straight. My regular doctor just didnt understand. He would just give me antiboitics to get rid of it. After being in the hospital for a week, I came out feeling alright and then back into the hospital again because I wasnt able to void.

So lets see, Im 18 and I was also having pelvic pain. The doctors in the hospital insisted that I would go see a GYN doctor and a Urinary doctor. Urinary doctor found nothing wrong with me. GYN doctor found plenty. I complained of back pain, severe sharp pelvic pain, nausea and vomiting etc. I did numerous of Ultrasounds of my pelvic, IVP's, kidney's, liver, spleen. Everything that the doctor would find necessary. They found nothing wrong.

After seeing my GYN doctor. She said to give it 4 months and then come back. I came alittle earlier than 4 months. In Janurary of 04' I was all set up for a laproscopy for Endometriosis. When they originally opened up the small hole near my bellybutton, they couldnt get in because I was full of adhesions. She had to open me up from the pelvic area with a 6 inch incision. What they found was that I have adhesions extending from the liver to my uterus/bladder. She found 2 small cysts on my left ovaries which in a Ultrasound they could find my left ovary. They found it now. I had omental adhesions and large amounts of lysis of adhesions. My intestins were all attached to my abdominal wall, uterus and bladder. They free'ed them, but I can feel that there is no difference now. My intestines are covered all over with adhesions and they are not freely moving in my body, they are compacted into a ball.

I now have more pain than before. I can not lay on my back because it hurts to much. I collaspe because my back hurts. I get "gas attacks" in my ribs and in the middle of my back. I also get severe bloating that leads to vomiting.

I'm 18 and I go through this.

So please if anyone can give me any information on any Clinics for treatment or doctors or even surgeries.

Thank you,

--
Kari Savage

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: