New member, my story

Sat Mar 6 08:14:45 2004

Hi, I am 28 yrs old and have had pain from adhesions since 1994 when I had my son. I have only recently learned of adhesions and have finally put a name to my pain. I was misdiagnosed for 8yrs with everything from crohns to IBS. If I go on birthcontrol pills constantly, not allowing any periods, I do not have any pain but I balloon up in weight. So for eight years I would go to 2-3 different doctors and get frustrated from the lack of treatment so I would go back on BC pills until I would gain 30 - 40 lbs. then I would discontinue the pills and restart the doctor shuffle. I finally found a wonderful GI DR who diagnosed me with adhesions. she has decided to try a different approach which is working so far. every six months or so we do a colonoscopy to spread out the intestines and open everthing up to let things flow more freely. this has worked great. I also don't have to worry about new adhesions from numerous surgerys to remove them. thought this might help others. feel free to ask any questions farah

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: