Anemia, adhesions, and low grade infection?

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun Feb 29 21:36:46 2004

-----Original Message----- From: K. Sent: Sunday, February 29, 2004 7:10 PM Subject: Re: Anemia, adhesions, and low grade infection?

Kate,

I do not believe that adhesions can cause anemia in and of themselves. I am not a nurse, but I cannot think of any reason for it. A number of us do suffer with anemia, but the ones I am aware of all seem to suffer with some very severe infection issues that I believe are the big reason behind the anemia.

I suffer with chronic urosepsis and at this point am on iv antibiotics probably 23 days out of each month. Several times a year my anemia gets so low that I have to be transfused with two units of blood.

It is coming to that time again now. During my most reason hospitalization (I was discharged this past Wednesday afternoon) I had been placed on iron supplements but was removed because the iron and the antibiotics were working against each other.

Perhaps this is something that is happening with your mother.

As far as the pain, your mother could have a urinary tract infection, but it also sounds like adhesions to me. You have hit upon two areas that I am very familiar with when it comes to being affected by adhesions. I had my bladder removed in 1993 and live with a urostomy which I believe causes my chronic sepsis. Please proceed carefully when it comes to dealing with adhesions of the bladder...adhesions of any area for that matter.

God Bless you and your mother.

Karla **Soaring with my angel**

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: