here we go again

From: International Adhesions Society (tracy.joslin@adhesions.org)
Sun Feb 29 11:09:47 2004

From: CollineSent: Friday, February 27, 2004 9:32 PM Subject: Re: here we go again

This is my first time replying since joining this list. I am 30 years old and am in remission from Hodgkin's Disease.

My adhesions problems first occured around 13 years ago after my first staging lap for the cancer. Scar tissue caused a complete obstruction six months later at the age of 18. Since then I have had no reoccurance of the cancer but three surgeries for the scar tissue and gallbladder removal.

My last lysis of adhesions was on valentines day almost two weeks ago. I am fed up and tired.

I cannot imagine how many more years of this pain and surgery I have to deal with. There has to be some solution out there. My pain is only occassional and usually bowel rest and/or antiboitics help solve the problem but complete blockage is only on the horizon. I am tired of surgeons shrugging their shoulders and telling me they don't know.

Fighting the cancer was hard enough now surviving the side effects is killing me. I hope they have an answer for us soon. If the surgeons could only understand how hard the recovery is year after year.

Thanks for listening. Colline Stevens

Enter keywords:
Returns per screen: Require all keywords: